INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping CD's not going into the Assorted folder.  (Read 625 times)

jesseasi

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Ripping CD's not going into the Assorted folder.
« on: July 12, 2004, 06:31:35 pm »

I have stumbled upon a couple of cd's that will not be ripped to the assorted folder even though the cd is a compilation.

What is happening is each artist is getting its own folder created and thus my cd is ending up spread out all over the place.

I have tried to rename the file using the tags but for some reason the files will not be renamed to the Assorted folder.

This does not happen with all my cd's only maybe 1 out of every 10 compilation cds.

Any ideas?  I have seen some posts about this before but it does not seem like anyone has replied to those questions - so here goes again.

I am using the latest version that is available of Media Center 10.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Ripping CD's not going into the Assorted folder.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 10:19:53 am »

In the "Rip CD" action window, click "Options", then select "File Location". Under "Directory Rule", you'll probably see the default selection "[Artist] - [Album]". Change the first part from [Artist] to [Album Artist] and it should work the way you want.

The reason you are seeing different behavior for different CD's is that the CD-Text created on audio CD's differs according to who created the CD. If the default choice is used for the directory name in MC ([Artist]) and the CD-Text on the audio CD contains an artist name for each track, then MC will store the track under separate artists for each track. If the CD-Text does not contain an artist name for each track, then the tracks will get placed in a single location. Hope that makes sense.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up