INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJPG AVI video playback problem  (Read 821 times)

kentschu

• Recent member
MJPG AVI video playback problem
« on: November 10, 2002, 06:23:00 am »

Does anyone know a quick fix for getting MJPG encoded AVI files to playback with video (not merely audio) in MJ?

I couldn't view them with WMP either but I was able to view them with mplayer.exe.  I've already downloaded and installed Directx 8.1b, but it didn't help WMP or MJ.  I finally downloaded Morgan Multimedia's MJPG Codec, and now it works in both WMP and MJ, but that is only free for 60 days.

What am I doing wrong here?  Do I have to pay to watch MJPG AVIs?

FYI - My Canon S300 camera captures video using that format...

Kent

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MJPG AVI video playback problem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 05:39:52 pm »

MJPEG is not one of the standard codecs that comes with WMP. Since MJ uses the WMP engine to play back video, MJ doesn't support it by default either.

Where is mplayer.exe on your hard disk? I've only come across mplayer2.exe and wmplayer.exe, which are WMP 6.4 and WMP 7

It seems strange that your camera didn't come with a codec. Unless it came with it's own playback/editing software that won't work with MJ. Have a look on the software disk that came with it.

Otherwise, try this codec:
\http://www.leadtools.com/video-codec_download.htm
The eval license says that the encoder will start burning text into every frame after 30 days, but it seems the decoder will keep working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up