INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST  (Read 700 times)

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
FEATURE REQUEST
« on: July 21, 2004, 03:09:02 pm »

When you search for a song ("Find Media"), the song is displayed by itself - outside of its album.  By using LOCATE by Artist you can get a list of all of the songs of the artist and a list of all of the Albums (If you choose Album and Artist for the upper pane).  This is great.

BUT if you have more than one album, the original song you searched for is now buried in a long list of songs by the artist.  It becomes very tedius to try to find that song again (presumably you wanted to play it if you searched for it)

Could you just highlight that song in the list of songs, and automatically scroll to that position?

This worked PERFECTLY in Media Jukebox but I am finding it very cumbersome to do this simple often repeated task in MC.  Actually in Media Jukebox it did exactly what I liked which was:  on the LOCATE command, the left pane opened up the Artist/Album area to the exact position of the searched file.  Perfect!  What can't I do something simple like that in MC?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:FEATURE REQUEST
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 04:48:19 pm »

I would do it this way:

1. Click the Media Library tab.

2. Write the name of the song to the Search.

3. Right click the song and select Play.

4. Right click the song again and select Locate -> Artist or Album.

Result: The searched song is playing and a list of the songs by the artist or included in the album is in front of you. The currently playing song is indicated in the list.

But maybe this procedure includes too many steps for you. For me, it's OK.

Though the selected item could be selected also after the Locate operation. I tried that with Genre. It happened to be Rock and I got a list of 4035 songs. Probably that automatic scrolling is then needed too.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up