INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moved Cover Art - now MC can't find them  (Read 698 times)

Jakester

• World Citizen
Moved Cover Art - now MC can't find them
« on: July 22, 2004, 05:08:52 pm »

I used Explorer to move my cover art directory then changed the directory inside MC to point to the new directory.  MC then did not see the cover art.

I did a thumbnail clear and rebuild under Tools->Options but that did not work either.

How do I get MC to see the cover art in the new directory?

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Moved Cover Art - now MC can't find them
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 05:15:41 pm »

I'm probably wrong, but aren't "thumbnails" and "cover art" two entirely different things?

I mean, I thought cover art was just the album covers associated with your ripped albums, and their location is embedded in the tag info (assuming they are not just embedded in the track file).  If so, I think you would need to a "Find and Replace" type operation on your library.

Er... maybe....  bah... I know nothing.  Never mind.

Jakester

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:01:40 pm »

Tools->Images->Get From Internet...  fixed it.  I don't know if MC actually retrieved them from the internet again or simply found them in the new cover art directory, but it was fast and it worked.

Not the most intuitive process ... would have been nice if MC prompted whether to move existing cover art when I changed the directory.  The MC Help wasn't much help here either.  But hey, it's a great program and I love it - nothing's perfect ...

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:17:09 pm »

Jakester, did you try tools>options>quick find in file?  This should grab it from the path you specified in the options.  That worked for me when I changed the directory I keep my cover art in.    B
Pages: [1]   Go Up