INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: date on tags all suddenly show 2004 as album year?  (Read 1720 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
date on tags all suddenly show 2004 as album year?
« on: July 23, 2004, 01:40:39 am »

hi!

i dont know if it was the transition to MC11 or if it happend a few days before but somehow MC changed alot of my tags and now about half my albums that i manually tagged for a long long time :'( now show 2004 as the album date on them....did this happen to anyone and if so does anyonw know how to fix it? ?

thx alot

Zeltak

paulr

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:date on tags all suddenly show 2004 as album year?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 02:30:12 am »

I have noticed the same thing, but I thought it was due to me going insane. :)

I fix them when I see them, but I haven't noticed a pattern as to why it's happening.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 04:12:04 pm »

hi paulr !

im glad to hear it wasnt only me going insane as well  ;)...can anyone from J.river let us know if they know of this problem, and if so is it possible to fix it without manually going over loads of tags (in my case i guess around 20,000 tags!!!!!!!!!!!)

thx alot

Zeltak

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 04:19:31 pm »

For me it's not all of my music files, and like I said, I can't figure out what causes it to happen.  Some are resetting to 2004 and others aren't.  It doesn't seem to matter if they have been played or not.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 04:35:26 pm »

hi again paulr!

yeah its the same "syndrom" in may case (only about 20,000 files out of 67,000  ;) ) , the main problem is that the date varience between songs creates 2 albums :I.E. one pearl jam 10 1993 and one pearl jam 10 2004 which is annoying since nearly every album now appears double at my schemes  :-\.... hope they can find a fix to this or im looking at hours of tagging music again...oh well lets look on the bright side at least tagging is faster in MC11  ;)

Zeltak

TAFKAFEX

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 03:45:29 pm »

thx TafkaFex !
unfortunantly it also replaced dates which were filled already (I.E took the date 1975 for an album and split it to one 1975 album with some tracks and some 2004 album with the other tracks) , hope j river can help us out on this little bug

Zeltak

TAFKAFEX

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 04:13:35 pm »

unfortunantly it also replaced dates which were filled already...

I'm not sure. But in my case (around 50'000 files) they are only filled out in case of an empty 'Year' field. My albums were only splitted the way you describe if not all tracks in the album had a filled field. So this would be the case if you use third party plug-ins like (for ex.) King Sparta's very good Chart Finder.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 04:39:13 pm »

I only had about a 1,000 incorrect files ... the DATE field being filled out entirely helped me quite a bit .. identified and irradicated most of them !
Pages: [1]   Go Up