INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with uploading music  (Read 1731 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Problems with uploading music
« on: August 04, 2005, 02:40:21 am »

Steve,

Three things I would to share with you:

Occasionally I get the error with the message; "When the currect handheld upload process completes you can close the program". This happens when I'm uploading to my handheld and the music is playing. When I press next song on my keyboard through the multimedia buttons this happens.

Occasionally I hear a loud hissing sound on my handheld when I play a number. Could this be caused when I use too many CPU time consuming programs while do an convert and upload to my handheld. The song on my PC is not distorted. Also happened once on a MC burned CD.

Doing an upload and convert to my handheld is a very heavy load. Even for my AMD 3800 with 2GB of RAM. This causes other programs to run very very slow. It would be great to have a parameter which gives MC a low priority for these tasks.

Marsies .....

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with uploading music
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:22 pm »

Occasionally I get the error with the message; "When the currect handheld upload process completes you can close the program". This happens when I'm uploading to my handheld and the music is playing. When I press next song on my keyboard through the multimedia buttons this happens.

This could be happening if you are transcoding a song that takes a long time and your device is set to power down in a time period shorter than the time of the transcode.

Occasionally I hear a loud hissing sound on my handheld when I play a number. Could this be caused when I use too many CPU time consuming programs while do an convert and upload to my handheld. The song on my PC is not distorted. Also happened once on a MC burned CD.

Not sure.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 06:52:02 pm »

SteveG

I don't think thats the case with the error message.

What about the parameter to restrict MC from using too many CPU cycles. Converting/Uploading to my handheld sloowwwssss down my computer.

Marsies .....

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 09:43:00 am »

What about the parameter to restrict MC from using too many CPU cycles. Converting/Uploading to my handheld sloowwwssss down my computer.

Not immediately, but perhaps in the future.

I don't think thats the case with the error message.

Why not?

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 06:10:44 pm »

An iPod does not shutdown when it's on the computer. So I see no reason why this could be the reason. Also it happens when I press 'next song'.

Marsies .....

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 09:42:18 am »

Fair enough. You did not mention you had an iPod. MC will not allow you to close while in the middle of a transfer. That is the message you are seeing. I am not sure why MC is trying to close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up