INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to create album?  (Read 965 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
How to create album?
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:09:33 pm »

When I first imported some CD's, I had a 3 disc set of 70's Rock. They all got put as individual albums under the artist (Multiple Artists). I have been playing around and I shouldn't have. Now discs 1 and 2 are under their respective artists and disc 3 is still under (Multiple Artists).

Besides creating a playlist for the 2 discs, how can I put discs 1 and 2 back as albums under (Multiple Artists)?  I have tried different tag settings but nothing seems to work correctly.
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff

dcwebman

Re:How to create album?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 04:27:36 pm »

Just found the right tag - Album Artist under the Extended section.  That put the albums back under (Multiple Artists).

Now the question is most of the files don't have anything in that tag. How come?
Jeff
Jeff

Omni

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 05:28:14 pm »

Album Artist, I think, is the one and only user field automatically created by MC by default.  (I have always assumed it was a custom field and not a standard one since it shows up even when you select the "Show only user fields" option in the "Tree & View" options box. I guess this could be an old, unreported bug though. :P)

MC will fill the tag if you rip a CD and all tracks have the same Artist.  If these are random tracks that you are importing, then it is a simple procedure to fill the tag:  just use the "Move / Copy fields..." library tools function.

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 03:00:03 am »

Base your view schemes around Album artist (auto).  Only complete album artist if MC is incorrectly classifying an album as multi-artist and you want to override it.  Album artist (auto) will use the contents of Album Artist or if Album Artist is blank MC will work it out for itself.  

I recommend that you name all of your files (rename files from properties) using the directory structure of ...artist\album and check the box for 'use assorted for artist on multi-artist albums'.  Then create a view scheme with Album Artist (auto) as one of the items and review all the multi-artist albums.  If there are any that you would prefer to be classed as single artist then update the Album Artist field.  This would generally be where all the tracks on the album are for one artist but someone guest stars on a particular track and this causes MC to class it as multi-artist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up