INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto find only the "date" info  (Read 849 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
auto find only the "date" info
« on: July 03, 2004, 10:14:33 am »

Hi all,

Anybody know of an mp3 tagging tool that will automatically dowload the tag information for just one field of a tag (in my case, the date field) while leaving everything else intact. I'd hate to see my carefully tagged files changed destroyed by being mass filled with other peoples info.

Thanks,

Bri

CurtisCee

Re:auto find only the "date" info
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 03:58:32 am »

?

This is exactly the feature I'd like to see.  The problem with YADB and all other music databases is that they're most effective as starting points.  Once you update tags to your liking, you can't use them anymore for anything other than confirmations and references for manual tweaking of the tags.  If I could mass-scan my files and have ONLY the date tag updated, I'd be in heaven.  Has anyone been able to locate a way to do this via Media Center or another third-party solution?  Thanks in advance.

Dragyn

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 07:56:52 am »

I don't know of any way to do this but I have to agree on it.

CurtisCee

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 09:29:33 am »

I know what such a feature will probably be called: Selective Tagging.  I should copyright it! lol

Well, I'll have to begin the long process of manually entering dates.  So be back in a year when I finish.  I'll keep ya posted if I find a workaround.
Pages: [1]   Go Up