INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to convert to "yadb ??"  (Read 1513 times)

Fred_Evans

• Recent member
  • Just an ordinary chap having fun
how to convert to "yadb ??"
« on: November 09, 2002, 07:51:18 am »

Hello there I am using mj 7.2.272 and have not used it for about 8 or nine months. Now when I used it again I get funny messages from cddb and reading these letters it seems that we are no longer able to use this service if this is not the case could you tell me how to get around a message that says " malformed command from server to client"

Other wise please tell me how to convert to yadb. Thanks (this is rather urgent because |I have to prepare for a church service tomorrow morning

I would appreciate an email if someone replies because I dont often look at forums

best regards
fred ev
Hello from South Africa

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: how to convert to "yadb ??"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 09:41:26 am »

What's email?

I don't do no stinkin' e-mail! :)

That is correct...CDDB is no longer supported (although it should still work in v7 if your registered with CDDB). Don't know ?

Solution:
If you were a licensed user of v7....then you can update to v8 ( 8.0.388 ). Download latest version...Copy your MediaJukebox7.rrg file to somewhere safe...Uninstall v7...look for/install updates on your OS, audio, vido, ASPI, etc....Install v8...copy MediaJukebox7.rrg back to your MJ directory...run Help>Restore License.

You may still be able to use CDDB in v8 (if your grandfathered), if not then your only choice is YADB.

V8 is very 8)!

Xenno

Fred_Evans

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 10:08:32 am »

Thanks Xen-uno--
I was registered with mj ( Legal and paid for ) and would at that time have registered with cddb.
However In the meantime had a hd crash and all the recovered files were recovered into a subdirectory called old files. If there is registration hidden in there could you maybe tell me what to look for??

( define senior citizen??)

regards fred evans
Hello from South Africa

Fred_Evans

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 10:12:25 am »

Meant to ask -- What do you mean by "grandfathered "

and all those updates -- dont know how or where to start ? Are the essential?
regards
fred evans
Hello from South Africa

Bob in LA

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 10:21:09 am »

Hello everyone,

Wondering if I could sneak in a question here about CDDB that came to me while reading this thread.  I'm currently still using 8.0334 because I'm not quite ready to make the jump to YADB and I was under the impression that 8.0388 used only YADB.  My question is: Because I'm currently registered with and using CDDB will I continue to be able to use it if I upgrade to 3.0388, and if so will I have to adjust any settings after the install?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

As always, MJ rocks!

Bob

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2002, 10:27:13 am »

"Grandfathered" in this context means that in v7, you had access to CDDB. With v8, CDDB is no longer supported unless you registered v7 and earlier before such & such a date (and possibly the date you registered with CDDB). It is there only for legacy purposes.

Do you see a system info anywhere in the v7 menus?
If you find it then copy & paste info into a post here.
Need to know what your OS is, how much memory, etc.

Updates: If your running Win2000, then Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the latest update. Adaptec ASPI is up to 4.72. I hope you have a broadband connection...these updates are large (SP3 is 140 MB!)

Xenno

>( define senior citizen??)

I'm 39 going on 89...aka Senior Citizen

Fred_Evans

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 10:55:42 am »

Thanks X--
am upgrading as you suggest-- Gozilla says will take 4 hours to download so will speak to you tomorrow- it is 10.55 pm here

thanks for the help- very friendly of you

regards from senior/senior/citizen :D ;D ( how do you do a smiley with a long beard??)

regards fred evans
Hello from South Africa
Pages: [1]   Go Up