INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat OT - How many GB of MC Installers do you have?  (Read 2066 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Somewhat OT - How many GB of MC Installers do you have?
« on: November 09, 2004, 11:26:06 pm »

The new autoinstaller made me think about all of the old MC installers I have sitting on one of my hard drives.  I looked and  I've got about 1.30 GB of old MC installers right up through build 118.

So I'm just a little curious ... how many MB/GB do other people have?  Do you save all of the old ones for no apparent reason like me? (I mean come on, what chance is there that you will really reinstall MC 9.1.291?)  Do you delete them as you go or save them only for a version or two?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Dragyn

Re:Somewhat OT - How many GB of MC Installers do you have?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 11:58:12 pm »

3.10GB ..that's just 10 & 11. I have 7,8 & 9 here too somewhere. I can't remember if I deleted them or not.

I'll probably start deleting them once I run out of space. They're just there so I know I have a least that much space left.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 08:45:07 am »

I decided when they started the MC11 testing that I would keep a backlog of the installers. I always ran into issues where things would run smoothly for a long while and then...BAM... some strange bug in a beta build would render me MCless for a few days. After that scenario happening a few times, I decided that this time around I would do myself a favor and save the installers. I dont have many, since I just started with 11. I've got them all between 055 (I think) and the latest 118. Not sure how many gb that is, not even sure if its one gb.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 09:26:18 am »

I found no use to keep any... If I need to go back, I'll get it from the FTP site....
-

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 12:15:35 pm »

3.44GB - covering 9, 10 and 11 to date. I download most builds but I dont install them all. From past experience I  generally find I adopt the betas about 1/3 of the way through the process, and my installed version usually lags behind the latest.

Im not a test-to-destruction person - you couldnt really call me a beta tester, but I find that at some point during the beta phase I see posts describing some cool new feature that I just have to see for myself. With MC11 I got it earlier than usual - it was the library browser that did it.

Michael Horton

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 04:36:03 pm »

How many GB of MC Installers do you have?

And if you see me sitting around
Thinking the same old thoughts over and over again
Or going back to old ways I've long ago abandoned
Please, tell me
Never go back
(Never Go Back - Camper Van Beethoven)
Pages: [1]   Go Up