INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing cover art dir / tweaking mediafiles.jmd  (Read 1002 times)

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
changing cover art dir / tweaking mediafiles.jmd
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:04:50 am »

I'm installing MC on a separate system, with a different Cover Art folder (path). Changing the 'Track Images Location' accordingly then 'Quick Find File In File / Cover Art Directory' only works for half my files (as the others don't match exactly and aren't 'quickly found').  So I thought, hey I can just replace all the instances of the old Cover Art dir in mediafiles.jmd with the new dir.  That worked fine until I tried to re-load MC.  Unsurprisingly I guess, it didn't like the tweaked mediafles.jmd and wouldn't load.  So I guess my question is whether it's possible to mess with mediafiles.jmd somehow (ie. with a particular program), without changing the format, so it will still load.

Secondly, is there a different way I could go about what I'm trying to do? It seems simple enough, but every path I've taken so far has lead to a (somewhat) dead-end.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:changing cover art dir / tweaking mediafiles.jmd
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 03:48:25 am »

KingSparta has kindly written us a plugin to solve your exact problem:

http://www2.spartasoft.com:8080/MyPlugIns/Replace%20Master.html

Use it to do a search and replace on Image File and replace your old path with your new one.

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:changing cover art dir / tweaking mediafiles.jmd
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 04:28:48 am »

Wow that looks like a nice little plugin! Thanks cjd, and Sparta of course. Funny thing is that I was at his crib just a few hours ago, checking out his Cover Art finder, not surprisingly :-)

Thanks again cjd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up