INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech MX700 mouse 'cruise scroll' feature doesnt work:(  (Read 1736 times)

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Logitech MX700 mouse 'cruise scroll' feature doesnt work:(
« on: August 06, 2004, 06:44:35 pm »

It wont work in while trying to scroll down the list of songs.  the scroll wheel works, but the cruise buttons above and below the wheel dont move the list.  I see the cursor changes to up or down pointing arrows, so it seems to recognize something, yet no scoll

Any help is appreciated

krupted

• Recent member
Re:Logitech MX700 mouse 'cruise scroll' feature doesnt work:(
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 03:29:50 pm »

i would really like to know if this is a problem that can be fixed, thanks in advance for any help

iris4u

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 05:42:06 pm »

I have the same mouse & a Logitech cordless KB too. My mouse scroll wheel & both cruise buttons work fine with MJ8. Cant speak about use with MediaCenter tho. I dont own a copy.

I would try right-clicking the mouse icon in your system tray, then "mouse properties", then click the "buttons" tab, then click the "cruise up" selection in the list, then click "modify" & verify the button is actually set to the "Cruise Up" function & NOT something else. Do the same for the other "Cruise Down" button & any other button or wheel you have doubts about.

Please remember, all the buttons & wheel on this mouse are fully configurable & could conceivably get set to some undesired function.

I hope this helps.
Murphy always rules.

krupted

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:14:36 pm »

i checked the mouse options, they seem fine.  The cruise buttons work fine in everything else, just not media center.  oh well, its not the first bug in this program.  Not to say its a bad app, i guess its hard to get everything thing right especially when you try to cram in as many features as they have.....

iris4u

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:14:01 pm »

Yeah. I know what you mean. I guess the ball's in Logitech's court. They need to write some code to support it better. My Logitech KB is not completely functional tho with MJ8. None of the Play/Pause,Stop,FF,or REW buttons do anything.
Yes, they're set to the correct functions, I checked!

I tried a modified version of the Registry hack that JLee posted in the MC forum & actually got the iTouch Ap & KB to at least launch MJ8 now.

Before MJ8 wasnt even in the KB's list of Players that pops up when you hit the Media key. ;)
Murphy always rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up