INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion Question/Problems  (Read 809 times)

neo23

• Recent member
Conversion Question/Problems
« on: November 07, 2002, 07:31:17 pm »

I have some selected sound loops I am using for my new site (that is in development):
http://www.aon-gg.net/neoSolutions/test

I changed the intro from .wav to mp3 works out fine. Used SoundForge to get the parts I wanted and put them together to get that sample used. But then I have sound samples that are used as cd-selections. Just snipplets of mp3 tracks looped. Right now they are in the .wav format and kinda big. I want to convert them to mp3 to reduce the size, which is a big reduction size. But one problem. When I convert them from .wav to .mp3 they have a 2 second silence gap added to the beggining and the end, therefore causing the loop to not loop smoothly. I tried SoundForge and MJ, both giving me the same results. I have also tried to convert it, then edit it again and resave it, does the same thing. I also tried just getting the sample straight from the mp3 and not saving it as .wav first. Ended up with the same results.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Conversion Question/Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 12:15:34 am »

Nice site design  :)

The problem is that the MP3 format isn't really capable of gapless playback on it's own.  That's why there are all of those crossfade & gapless plug-ins available for MJ and Winamp.  You might consider trying Ogg Vorbis if you want gapless.

Rob

neo23

• Recent member
Re: Conversion Question/Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 06:16:59 am »

Flash can only import .wav and MP3 formats, .aiff for Mac. The has got to be a way. I know there is. I have found a sound loop from a track that is in MP3 format, and it has no gaps. They either used a prog to take the gaps out (edited manually) or used something else to convert from .wav to .mp3
Pages: [1]   Go Up