INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can a smartlist be created to do this?  (Read 754 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Can a smartlist be created to do this?
« on: August 06, 2004, 03:44:22 am »

I rip to both mp3 and wave files -- I use "(wav)" at the beginning of the album name to distinguish it from the mp3 version of the same album.  I'd like to create a smartlist that will automatically exclude the mp3 version of this album from a list if the wave version is added to the list.  Conversely, the mp3 version should be re-included if the wave version is taken out of the list.

For example, I have both mp3 and wave versions of "The Wall" ripped.  If I add the wave version to a given smartlist, I'd like the mp3 version to automatically be excluded so I won't end up with both versions in the list.  If I later take the wave version back off the list, I'd like the mp3 version to once again be included.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Larry

jleerigby

Re:Can a smartlist be created to do this?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 04:34:59 am »

Just a few thoughts to get you started...

Rather than change the album name to include wav just add the File Type field / column to your views and smartlists.  

Then use the dup modifier to remove duplicates based on [artist], [album], [track#].  Where the same artist, album and track number appears more than once the dup modifier will leave just one version of it.  So the only problem we have is how do we make sure that it's the wav that it leaves behind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up