INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Dvd Feature  (Read 989 times)

rancid_elf

• Change this by choosing profile
New Dvd Feature
« on: August 07, 2004, 08:02:05 pm »

Like several posts I have read on here I also require a system in media center to add hard drive stored dvd films.  What would be nice is the system used in SageTv.  In sage you just add the film to the library and If a cover image is present then when you select video in Theater Mode lets say you will be able to scroll through all the films by name or cover image and just select the film to play.
I have noticed someone mentioned renaming the vob files to mpeg.  Even though this might work I would really like to just have a system that reads the dvd's ifo, vob files etc..

rancid_elf

Re:New Dvd Feature
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:24:03 pm »

Ok After adding this thread I have worked out myself that I can play dvd's from hd and also add a cover image to the film....COOL just what im after :)  works nice in theater mode

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 10:40:46 pm »

How do you play DVDs from the hard drive?  I have never figured out how to do that.

rancid_elf

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 05:51:24 am »

Well Basically what I have is an exact copy of the dvd on my harddrive...All dvd's i have in same format as the dvd including the VIDEO_TS dir ( i dont think that makes any difference though ).  
In MC I set the file association to include vob's.
Next thing I do is goto Drives & Devices and go through My computer until I find the dvd directory.
When I find the DVD I right click on it and select Import.
When this has done the dvd is in teh video library under unasigned.  If you rename this what ever the movie is called aso add an image to it if you want the cover displaied.
Now when you run in theater mode the movie will be there..just highlight it and play away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up