INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quality problem with ripping  (Read 924 times)

Wiggim

Quality problem with ripping
« on: January 09, 2005, 05:38:08 am »

I have sometimes the problem that tracks which I recorded from a cd contain clicks which is a little bit annoying. This happens with MC and also with EAC (booth in secure mode).
MC's help recommends to use the "error correcting mode" for CD-Copy but under  "tools->options->devices->advanced ripping options" I have only the choice between normal, secure and analog.

I'm using MC 11.0.168. Any idea where to find the "error correcting" option or isn't this available anymore in version 11?

Thanks for your help.

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re: Quality problem with ripping
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:49:01 pm »

Wiggim,

I believe that it is the "Secure" mode which does this...

Cheers
Rob

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:42:03 pm »

Are you sure it's clicks in the file and not glitches in playback?  Do the clicks happen in the same place if you loop over a section?

Wiggim

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:10:37 am »

Hello evanr76,

the clicks always happen in the same place. It's not a faulty cd I have checked this. It mostly happens in sections which are I will say noisy with heavy use of guitars.
The clicks are not very loud but they are noticeable.

The interesting thing is that they are only noticeable when playing the ripped file on my computer. With the mp3-player there is fortunately nothing to hear so this is not the big problem for me.
I was just curious if the quality of the ripped files would become better when using the error correcting mode. If it's correct that the secure mode is the same as the error correcting mode as LunchmeatVoom assumed then it seems to be that I have bad luck.

Nethertheless thanks for your answers. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up