INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC will not play Real Music Store clips  (Read 852 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MC will not play Real Music Store clips
« on: August 18, 2004, 03:15:48 pm »

Just purchased a few clips from the Real Music Store, but they will not import to MC 10 despite it having a Real Media check-box in the file type pull down menu. Please advise, thanks.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC will not play Real Music Store clips
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 07:52:59 am »

The files I bought from the Real Music Store were downloaded as .rax files. The RealAudio setting in MC 10 doesn't show that as an available format, probably because it's a realaudio protected format. I had to do just like I've been doing with any purchases from the other sites that download as WMA. Burn to CD and rip into MC as MP3.
Jeff
Jeff

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:MC will not play Real Music Store clips
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 11:43:51 am »

Hmmmm. Thought that might be the only solution. I just spent several frustrating hours "converting" iTune's .m4p clips to .mp3 via same method. Though the Apple clips will play in MC, the inability to change tag info (Tag & Rename software did not work), and lack of success with importing the Apple clips to the iPod via MC has put me off these music sites for the time being. Does anyone know of a site with both a comprehensive selection and offers clips in the standard .mp3 format (yeah, Kazaa!)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up