INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I create a list file of all my albums in MJ  (Read 1057 times)

Graham

• Recent member
Can I create a list file of all my albums in MJ
« on: November 08, 2002, 01:29:46 am »

I know you can PRINT this information, but my main music-playing computer is not connected to a printer. Can I get MJ to create a WORD or text file containing a list of all my albums (and artists?) so that I can save to disc and print from another computer?

I'm about to break the 400 album barrier and occasionally see the need for a printed list... just out of pure smugness really.

Graham

• Recent member
Re: Can I create a list file of all my albums in M
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 01:36:41 am »

Hmmmmm, great minds and all that. Just saw an earlier post that answered this question.

In the words of Homer S 'DOH!!!'

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 04:10:22 am »

No Problem...
Select the Media Library that has all of your albums listed.   Make sure that you have all of the columns that you want to print out visible in the view window.  Now select "File/Export Playlist" from the menu bar.
In the Export Playlist window, Either select HTML or ASCII delimited.  (HTML makes for a nicer looking list, both both can be imported into Excel).  Choose where you want to put the list and what you want to call it.  Include Fields/Only Visible (unless you want all fields), and Output Range/All.
Then click OK.  Your library list is now stored the the formatt you wanted.  If you want to use Excel, Just Open Excel, and open the list you had just created.  The nice thing about using Excel is that you can take the list and sort it by what ever catagory you want before printing it out.

Good Luck.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 05:53:52 am »

If you want only a raw per album, you can create a view scheme as

artist/album

search criteria=t==1

and then export playlist selecting only artist and album fields.

daven

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 08:04:10 am »

it seems like it should be easier to make a list of all albums, not every song in each album.  also i would like to see more advanced html options.  linking the notes from each album or having an index of artists which link to their albums would be very cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up