INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View on TV-Out  (Read 1311 times)

Pat

• Change this by choosing profile
Theater View on TV-Out
« on: September 06, 2004, 01:01:42 am »

Hi,

is there any possibility to have the Theater View output its content on the TV-Out while the rest of the desktop still gets output to normal vga output on the graphics card.

It would enable to use the Media Center to show Movies etc. on a tv (operated with remote control) while still being able to work on the pc.

Thanks for any tips

Patrick

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re:Theater View on TV-Out
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 01:42:55 am »

Hi,

is there any possibility to have the Theater View output its content on the TV-Out while the rest of the desktop still gets output to normal vga output on the graphics card.

It would enable to use the Media Center to show Movies etc. on a tv (operated with remote control) while still being able to work on the pc.

Thanks for any tips

Patrick

What video card are you using?  If it's an ATI, you can use Theater Mode (in conjunction with Clone Mode), or you can set up your TV-Out as a second monitor and have MC send full-screen to it.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 01:48:58 am »

Does "Right Clicking on Display (when in playing now)/Configure Display/Setting Monitor to 'Display #2'" help?

I used to do it often and it should work fine with MC10, I haven't yet tryed with MC11...

You will need to have a graphic card that supports dual display and configure your TV-Out as the second display...

David
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Pat

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 05:20:14 am »

Thanks for your tips. This helps.

Is there also a possiblite to redirect the sound so that normal pc sounds will be played on the pc and all sounds from Mc will be playes through the S-Video Output to the TV?

Thanks a lot
Patrick

PS: I havent bought a graphic card yet , by the way.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 06:18:27 am »

Thanks for your tips. This helps.

Is there also a possiblite to redirect the sound so that normal pc sounds will be played on the pc and all sounds from Mc will be playes through the S-Video Output to the TV?

Thanks a lot
Patrick

PS: I havent bought a graphic card yet , by the way.

S-Video does not contain any audio.  If you want to have separate sound to the TV, you'll need a second sound card.  MC can then play different "zones" to different sound cards.  So if you want to use your TV's RCA audio connections you can buy a small adapter that goes from the line out on audio card to stereo RCA.  (I've never seen a line-out to mono RCA.  Strange!)

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 08:40:33 am »

I've never seen a line-out to mono RCA.  Strange!
...and I've never seen a TV with an mono RCA audio input.
It can be the reason ;)
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up