INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removed media keeps coming back (and some other stuff)  (Read 1064 times)

sfdoddsy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Removed media keeps coming back (and some other stuff)
« on: August 14, 2004, 02:43:58 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying out the demo and liking it so far. But do have one early question for which I am sure there is an answer that will make me feel like a dolt.

Whenever I remove files from the Media library, and then do an import of other files I want later, the files I have just removed come on back.

Is there a simple way to keep removed files removed?

Oh, and since I have your ear, is there a way to switch the Slideshow style viewing of images on and off rather than using the Pause command?

And finally I have had a few hangings when trying to stop a rip or cancel the Name lookup sequence. Anyt thoughts on this?

Thanks

Steve

paulr

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Removed media keeps coming back (and some other stuff)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 02:58:55 pm »

Whenever I remove files from the Media library, and then do an import of other files I want later, the files I have just removed come on back.

There are two possibilities that I know of.  First, you can move media you do not want imported into another folder structure that is not read by MC during the import process.  For instance, if you have your music located in "C:\My Music", you could created another directory called "C:\My Music2" or something similar.  Then when you import, just make sure MC is only looking at the first directory.

The other option is to use MC11.  It enables you to define excluded directories.  The only issue here is that it is in the alpha phase of development (although there are very few problems with it), and I *think* you need a registered version of 10 to use it, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your other two questions.

sfdoddsy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 03:14:06 pm »

What I like about MC is that it brings together all my scattered media files throughout the computer and lets me have a central viewing place. So I don't want to move them from their current spots, I'm more hoping there is some kind of Do Not Show Again tag.

For example, importing all my JPGs gives me over 500 of them, some of which I want to organize, but others of which need to stay where they are.

Thanks for the help though.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 08:21:15 pm »

Import files
Create a new tag.. Options, Tree and View. Add Library Field "Show File"
For all files that you do not want to show, Change tag to "No"

Create View scheme with the following rule. Not Show File: No

Now when ever you go into this View Scheme those files will not appear.
-

rocketsauce

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 08:31:18 pm »

The only way to keep the files from being imported into MC is to put them in a directory that is excluded from being scanned during the import process.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up