INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Elecard MPEG Decoder with MC  (Read 752 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Using Elecard MPEG Decoder with MC
« on: August 20, 2004, 10:42:48 am »

Is there a way to specify what MPEG decoder MC uses? I installed the Elecard MPEG decoder and I'd like to have MC use it.

I'm trying to view MPEG2 files created by Replay TV. After installing the Elecard decoder these play just just with Windows Media Player, but not with MC.  I assume the problem has to do with the decoder, but I suppose it could be something else.

The files are 352x480 (wxh) so they look stretched vertically when played by MC with the setting to use the file's aspect ration. They look fine with MC when set to use a 4x3 aspect ratio, but then other files not in a 4x3 aspect ratio look stretched when played in MC. I could alter the aspect ratio setting before playing each file isn't really a very elegant or user friendly solution, especially in Theaterview.

Windows Media Player used with the Elecard decoder, plays these files in 4x3 aspect ratio and other files in their native aspect ratio and it would be great if MC did the same.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

Doug

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Using Elecard MPEG Decoder with MC
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 09:21:27 pm »

I've found that setting MC to use Windows Media Player to play videos (in Options - Playback - Video) works.

...But is there a way to address the issue I raised in the initial email w/o resorting to using Windows Media Player for all video playback?
Pages: [1]   Go Up