INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPOD +MC10 +iTUNES - best way to co-exist  (Read 2192 times)

sjchmura

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
iPOD +MC10 +iTUNES - best way to co-exist
« on: August 14, 2004, 11:03:45 am »

Until we get dynmaic playlists on MC v13 ....

What is the best way to have the iTUNES coexist with MC10? For exmaple, "sync data to MC" will copy the RATED songs in iTUNES to the ratngs in MC10 (right). However, is there some way, if rated in itunes or ipod - to get them BACK to MC10?

I guess I am looking for a way to physically sync/make playlists in iTUNES, RATE on iPOD, and make sure the ratings get into MC10

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:iPOD +MC10 +iTUNES - best way to co-exist
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 10:55:39 am »

Rated tunes in MC will go to iPod and rated tunes on iPod will come back to MC. Playlists and smartlists should be created in MC and then moved to iPod. MC does not support the import of iTunes playlists and the automatic creation (in MC) of the underlying rules which the iTunes plalylists are based on.

Steve

sjchmura

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 12:03:52 am »

so which sync options do i choose to keep the ratings in sync (iTunes, ipod, mc) but use the smartlists from iTUNES?

Obvioulsy I should NOT re-initialize my iPOD if I want the iTUNES smartlists to work (and be dynamic). Last time I tried this "hybrid" with 9.1 I had to reformat my iPOD.

If this works I am buying MC10 - it is so nice but just need it to sync :)

STeve

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 09:26:30 am »

so which sync options do i choose to keep the ratings in sync (iTunes, ipod, mc) but use the smartlists from iTUNES?

If you sync with MC the smartlists you had will be removed and recreated. The MC smartlists will not be dynamic on iPod.

Steve

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 11:41:14 pm »

If you sync with MC the smartlists you had will be removed and recreated. The MC smartlists will not be dynamic on iPod.

What if I only sync from the iPod to MC?

That is, suppose I set up my iPod in MC, then go to iTunes and drop some smartlists onto the iPod.  After that, every few days open up the sync dialog in MC to get the ratings/lastplayed/nplays updates into MC.  Will my smartlists stay intact?

Or more generally, what happens if I simply leave the "send playlist data" box unchecked in the sync dialog?  In other words, could I use iTunes to manage my playlists (which I tend to change very little), and let MC do the rest?

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 09:54:25 am »

That is, suppose I set up my iPod in MC, then go to iTunes and drop some smartlists onto the iPod.  After that, every few days open up the sync dialog in MC to get the ratings/lastplayed/nplays updates into MC.  Will my smartlists stay intact?

If you cancel the sync after opening the dialogue with 'Sync data to MC' checked, yes. If you go through with the sync, no.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up