INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASPI Error  (Read 1411 times)

ewingr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
ASPI Error
« on: August 21, 2004, 09:57:41 am »

When I try to rip a CD, I now get an ASPI error.

Yesterday I upgraded my drivers to the latest NForce drivers. Before I just completely go back, any suggestions on what I should do to correct this problem?

[EDIT]
I looked in the help and found this: Digital Small Buffer. Try this first if you are getting "Aspi" errors. Some CD-ROM drives can't handle a large buffer.

But I find no such setting. I have just installed the latest version update: 10.0.155

[EDIT AGAIN]
Interesting. The auto update from the product took me to the above version, but I see there is a newer version as well. I am downloading it.

I doubt upgrading versions will fex my ASPI error, and expect I need to reinstall some drivers. Hoping for recommendation.

[EDIT]
[EDIT]
I did some searching and found something to point me to trying ASPICHK. It says my ASPI layer is not working and that older software is installed over it.

I tried to download ForceASPI 1.8, but it is foregn language site, and can't figure out how to get it downloaded.

I downloaded Forcxeaspi 1.7, and ran that. It did not fix my problem.

I am running XP Pro.

Thanks
Roger

Thanks
Roger

ewingr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:ASPI Error
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 03:05:32 pm »

Never mind. It turns out I had 2 CDs that were the problem. INteresting that 2 in a row I was messing with didn't work.

The ASPICHK that I am running must not apply to XP. It says it isn't running, and lists several files/versions with N/A after them.

Thanks
Roger
Pages: [1]   Go Up