INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep a local copy of Media Library at work for fast Media Server Connects??  (Read 729 times)

eatmorepossum

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Hey all

First the standard disclaimers:

1. I searched and didnt find apologies if i missed it.
2. I have a huge library (much bigger than yours  ::))

I like to listen to my media server at work.  Problem is... it takes about 10 minutes to load up my media library each time.  Which is fine once a day but any time there is a hang up or a problem i have to reload the whole thing.  This silences my work space for 10 agonizing minutes.

Question is:
Can i keep a local copy of the library and not rebuild each time.  If so, how?  I've tried unsucessfully several angles.  

Thanks,
Chris

Dragyn

• Citizen of the Universe

I think you can do this. Just need to find the library after you're connected. I remember seeing it somewhere before.

Can you do a library backup after connecting and restore later?

eatmorepossum

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

This appears to rebuild the library.  
BUT
all my files are "xed out" and when i press play i get the maessage "media center was unable to play any of the files in the playlist.  please make sure that the path in Media Library points to the right location and that the files are not being filtered by access control.  

I have authentication on my media server yet this restore method never asks me for a username and password.  Could this be why?
Pages: [1]   Go Up