INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question regarding singles  (Read 824 times)

jnshankland

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Newbie question regarding singles
« on: August 20, 2004, 10:42:56 am »

Is there a  way of dealing with singles differently than Albums.

Ripped CD'd are Albulms

DL'd music are singles.

I dont want my one track singles co-mingeled with my albums. In many cases I have the album title the single came from and want to keep that data but when I do I get the co-mingling.

Thanks

John

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re:Newbie question regarding singles
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 11:40:01 am »

I have made my "custom 1" field have 2 values (in options\ tree & view click on the custom field and click edit and in the values box write album;single)
All of my files are tagged to be album or single.  You could also add a value for "EPs".

I add a pane in my viewscheme for the custom field. So now i can see only albums or only singles or everything, depending on whether or not i click on anything in that pane.

To deal with files getting mixed into albums, you just have to name them differently. Just add (single) to the album name for your singles and all should be well.

jnshankland

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Newbie question regarding singles
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 02:53:51 pm »

I will try what you suggest. I have already named either an actual album name or the word single. All of the singles come up under one "album" called single. What I didn't like is I wanted to keep the album name as reference. I have added the Album name to the Song name but that is a little awkward and was looking for a better way.

Thanks

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up