INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Codename: Opus (Beta)  (Read 8881 times)

Dragyn

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Codename: Opus (Beta)
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2004, 09:07:17 pm »

No. Actually you've been ahead of me. I would have never thought of the close button. Any more ideas?

Thanks again!

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2004, 10:06:34 pm »

Ive got a question. I was playing around with the main titlebar bmp. I didnt change any of the xml before this happened. But for some strange reason, after modifying the bmp, although not changing the dimensions, MC started behaving strangely. Whenever I open MC, the vertical splitter now reverts to a different position than the one I left it at.

It doesnt really make any sense to me as I only modified a few colors in the bmp. I had this same problem with the original Opus skin. But when I went through and modified it, it changed back. I just dont know what I did to make it change back.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Dragyn

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2004, 03:36:28 pm »

Added Round Buttons. Please be careful with it.

I don't know Jared. Maybe a bug?

bebop

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2004, 09:45:02 pm »

Dragyn..guess it was just my clumsy fingers...it minimizes ok now.   But added the round buttons and round action window and now I don't have a "close" button up there on the upper right.  It's there on all the other skins...just not this one...Hope you are having a great long weekend.   Spent most of mine over on the mainland in Vancouver.   Bet

ps.. just tried opening my help window to check my version number and there's no close button for it either....I was locked up and had to do the task manager thing to get out of that window.  B

Dragyn

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2004, 10:40:44 pm »

What version of MC are you running?

Have you tried reinstalling the skin? Click on Install, then Round Buttons, then Round Action Window.

It works on my end but I'm using the latest alpha version so I don't know whats up.

bebop

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2004, 11:12:48 pm »

Using vers 10.0.161...will give another try tomorrow.  Kinda tired tonight, so could make mistakes.  Had a busy weekend in the city.  All those crowds just tire me out!  Will get back to you tomorrow.  Bet

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2004, 11:25:10 pm »

Bet,

I had the same problem when I first installed the maximized version. If youre up to it, I can tell you how to edit the xml file to fix the problem. It's very simple. This is how I fixed the problem on my end. I'll give you a list of steps to make it super simple.

1. Go to your Media Center directory, then MegaSkins, then into Codename Opus.

2. Right click on the main.xml file and choose edit. Dont worry about backing it up because if you mess it up you can just reinstall the skin.

3. To make it easier to read, maximize the window.

4. Right near the top there should be a section labeled like this:

<MAINFRAME>
   blah
   blah
   blah
   </MAINFRAME>

5. On line 11, in the middle of that section, there should be a line labeled "Closebutton"

6. At the end of that line, it should say OffsetX and OffsetY

7. This is exactly what those variables should look like:

<Entry Name="CloseButton" Bitmap="MFCB.png" NumberImages="3" Alignment="2" OffsetX="0" OffsetY="0" />

That should fix your problem, or at least, thats how I fixed the same problem on my system about 2 days ago when I installed the maximized version and had no close button.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

bebop

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2004, 10:20:52 am »

Thanks Dragyn, that was the problem, a re-install was all it took.    ;D

Thanks for the tip, Jared, haven't messed around with code since the DOS days...but was going to give it a go if the re-install didn't work.

Dragyn

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2004, 11:19:09 am »

Glad it work. I'm trying to make some blue buttons for ya. Having some difficulty getting the colors to match.

Now are there any other requests/changes? Last chance before I make it final.
I'll change anything, patch anything. Is there something you don't like? Something that looks out of place? Something that needs: to be bigger?, to be smaller?, different colors?, more colors?....whatever?

Alpha is about to find a home here. I don't know if I'll be doing any of the other colors.

bebop

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2004, 11:23:04 am »

Thanks Dragyn, you'r my hero!!   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2004, 08:49:20 pm »

Well isn't that lovely...hehe. thanks  :P

Got some bad news though....this skin isn't that great. After using it for a few hours, it's lacking - way too plain lookin' for my tastes.

Expect to see some major changes. I've gotta spice this baby up. Of course, I'll make some classic patches for those that like that simple look.

Alpha will be on hold until then. -- Dragyn out.

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2004, 04:38:43 pm »

The look is great, as ever with the Opus series; but can we have some more 'sympathetic' backgrounds please. White is just too harsh in low light conditions. I have nearly blinded myself once or twice!:o)

Dragyn

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2004, 06:51:57 pm »

How does the white background in opulence work for ya? It's not the same white as in Codename.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up