INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Playlist Print  (Read 2093 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
MC Playlist Print
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:02:07 pm »

If I want to print a Playlist or Smartlist from within MC11 or MC10, what are the options?   Apart from 'Print File List' from under the File header what else can I do?

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Re:MC Playlist Print
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 12:39:33 am »

It seems from the deafening crescendo of silence on this topic and a previous one on this subject that there is no obvious method of printing an MC playlist / smartlist / filelist in a meaningful layout ?

paulr

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:23:24 am »

You can export a playlist to a format readable by something like MS Excel.  Then you could manipulate the information however you wanted and print it.  This would work for any playlist, including playing now.

Example:  Send your list to Playing Now.  Change to that view, then select File > Export Playlist - then choose ASCII Delimited and save it somewhere convenient.  Then import into Excel...

Hope that helps!

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 05:16:45 am »

OK, thanks paulr for your assistance.     I thought that sometime in the past the MC print list feature behaved differently so we could print direct from MC with better automatic formatting, but I may have been dreaming.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 09:10:55 am »

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 09:40:00 am »

You can also just copy and paste from MC to programs like Word, Excel, Notepad, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 02:12:51 pm »

You can also just copy and paste from MC to programs like Word, Excel, Notepad, etc.

But you won't get automatic formatting that way...  MC gives you the *content* but allows no control over the presentation.  It would be great if JRiver added this ability to MC without the need for a plugin, but until (or if) that happens, MC XML Export seems the only way to give users a way to automate the presentation.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 03:02:36 pm »

I didn't know that. That's good news. I have been exporting playlists to ASCII format and opening them with Excel for formatting. Now I can skip one step.

I burn MP3 CD's for car and a portable player and I need legible content lists.

Excel has good and fast tools for formatting so for me there is no need for internal formatting.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up