INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Connect 3 Monitors to a PC  (Read 1048 times)

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
OT - Connect 3 Monitors to a PC
« on: September 06, 2004, 08:48:10 pm »

Here is my setup:

I currently have an Nvidia 6800 feeding two LCDs, one via DVI, one via VGA.  This PC is being moved to my "game" room where I'll want to connect it to a Plasma/LCD TV I'll be buying soon.

My 6800 has a s-video out so will I be able to connect it to the Plasma/LCD TV with both existing monitors still active?

Or, should I get a cheap PCI video card to use for the third monitor? Has anyone done this before?

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:OT - Connect 3 Monitors to a PC
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 11:30:56 pm »

Chances are you'll only be able to actively view 2 out of the three devices with the 6500, (that's how all the cards that I've come across work). I've been trying to the same thing: 2 monitors and one S-Video.

At the moment I have two ATI AIW cards, one AGP, with 1 monitor and one S-Video and a PCI card for the 2nd monitor. This solution is less than satisfactory as I can't clone  what's on the primary monitor to the PCI monitor - I have to drag whatever program onto the screen - Maybe somebody out there can help both of us?

Listening to: 'Mountain Jam' from 'Live at Ludlow's Garage' by 'Allman Brothers Band' on Media Center 9.0
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up