INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RQ - Matt, configurable hotkeys a possibility?  (Read 1079 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RQ - Matt, configurable hotkeys a possibility?
« on: September 06, 2004, 02:17:44 pm »

I was sure it used to be there on the 'view' menu, and I'm 100% certain it used to be available in the context menu when I right-clicked in the list.

Now, in v11, the only place I can find it is in the 'customize current view' dialogue. Is that right?

Are there any plans to bring the option to switch list styles back onto the right-click menu? I do hope so.

There also used to be a toolbar button that when clicked, would drop a selection menu down with the current style ticked off, but that seems to have been replaced by a single button for each style + a toggle button. I've tried the toggle button (ctrl + u) and while it does work, its sometimes difficult to know which style is currently being used (tile view being the exception there).

switching list styles.....
how do you do yours?

-marko

Edit: Rather than add clutter with a new thread, I changed the topic title.

Dragyn

Re:List Style - where'd it go to?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 08:54:46 pm »

It went bye bye.

Ctrl+Shift+U=Automatic
Ctrl+Shift+I=Details
Ctrl+Shift+O=Thumbnails
Ctrl+Shift+P=Album Thumbnails
2+2=4

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re:List Style - where'd it go to?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 01:35:50 am »

Hmmm.....

Dave, a hearfelt thank you for the reply. I had been planning a move to Coventry, but might put that on hold for a bit ;)

Matt,
The hotkey combos will do just fine; but, always a 'but', I know...  ::)

Ctrl+Shift+I doesn't work for me which probably means another app has claimed that combo, and so far I've not been able to nail which one it is. Ctrl+Shift+P was taken too, fortunately though, that app had configurable hotkeys and I was able to sort that out.

To that end, it would be really neat if it was possible to have configurable hotkey combos within MC itself.

Any possibilty of that being worked into v11 in the near future?

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up