INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Pictures displayed as songs  (Read 1855 times)

azdood

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
My Pictures displayed as songs
« on: September 10, 2004, 12:26:39 am »

I took a break from burning some CDs to look on the internet for a new picture for one of the albums.  I found several and placed them in My Pictures.  I went back to burning and when it came time to print the album cover I open My Pictures to pick which one I wanted for the album cover.  I clicked on one of the pictures and it was dispayed in MC as if it were a song playing.  I could see the "play" knob moving across the top of the player and when it reached the end the picture went off as if it were a song ending.  

I then went to burn another CD and what should have taken around 10 minutes took about 30 seconds.  I didn't try to play the CD knowing it had to be a bad burn.

I don't know if these two strage events are related but they happened right after each other so I think maybe they are.  

Do you have any idea why my pictures are dispayed as songs and why my CD burned so fast?

Thanks, azdood
We are all bozos on this bus...

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Re:My Pictures displayed as songs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 05:46:13 am »

I took a break from burning some CDs to look on the internet for a new picture for one of the albums.  I found several and placed them in My Pictures.  I went back to burning and when it came time to print the album cover I open My Pictures to pick which one I wanted for the album cover.  I clicked on one of the pictures and it was dispayed in MC as if it were a song playing.  I could see the "play" knob moving across the top of the player and when it reached the end the picture went off as if it were a song ending.  

This is normal. Your system is set up to associate an image (.jpg etc) wuth MC. So if you double-click an image in Windows Explorer, it will be played by MC.

If you were to select several images, then they would all play in MC one after the other. This is the way you can create slide shows of images. Another way is to create a playlist that contains several images and to play the playlist. You could even add songs to that playlist and then MC would play the music as it is diplaying the different images.

Michel.

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 01:43:18 pm »

Thanks Michel.  Is there a way to turn this function off?  I like the idea but would rather have the choice for a slideshow or not.  Also, since my CD burned so fast, I think it might have something to do with this.  Not real sure about that, but I'd like to turn it off just in case.

Thanks again, azdood [aka David]

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:15:36 pm »

Hi David!

In "options>file associations": uncheck all the "image" file check boxes.

If you still have Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) installed, open it and under "Options>set file associations" select "images only". This way, when you click on an image it will open with Irfanview, not MC and won't be loaded into MC's Playing Now, (which seems to have happened and the CD you burned in 30 secs is probably the images that were sent to Playing Now).

You can still make playlists of images by importing the images from My Pictures directly into a playlist. You will also still be able to manually import and view images with MC, they just won't be automatically associated with MC when you double click on an image (they'll go, in this case to Irfanview).

For those unfamiliar with Irfanview, It is a Free basic image editing & viewing application. I use it all the time before I add album cover art to MC. You can crop/resize/adjust color balance & brightness etc. Once installed, you just click on an image,(assuming file associations are set as mentioned previously), the image opens in Irfanview and all the controlls are available.

My procedure for downloaded albums: once the album is loaded into the hard drive directory (D: Artist/Albums), I find the cover art (Walmart.com or Amazon.com usually) and save it to the Album folder. Then I click on the image and edit as apropriate and resize (to 800x800). Finally I import the album into MC (and the cover art, renamed to the album title, is imported as well).

One note: I resize the images as I like a full size image in "full screen" mode. MC and some other apps don't enlarge to fill the screen. I use Walmart(500x500pix) and Amazon(300x300pix) as their image size is larger to start with than AMG (200x200pix)which is what the automatic  image finders have been using as a source. A 200x200 pixel image does not resize real well to 800x800.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 05:20:24 pm »

Thanks Jay Perfect!  I didn't have Irfanview before, but I've now downloaded it.  Looks like a nifty program.  I'll go back and get the plug-ins for it as well.

One more question concerning the fast download.  I went to Options, File Associations and unchecked "Associate with audio CDs."  I did that thinking that MC might be making all my files, no matter what kind, into audio files.  Do I have that right?

Thanks again.  David

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 08:01:14 pm »

No, I believe "associate with audio CDs" means that when you put in a CD, MC will play it rather than WMP.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 09:30:41 pm »

Good Grief!  Thanks.  I changed that setting right away.  I'm making like WMP doesn't exist.  I like it better that way.

Thanks again, David aka azdood
Pages: [1]   Go Up