INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Tools: Update tags from Library not working for me  (Read 797 times)

mikebarnes

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Library Tools: Update tags from Library not working for me
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:13:05 pm »

I'm using MC 10.0.155 and my music file format is WMA lossless. The files have no tags, because I removed them some time ago (using MC), because they were causing the Winamp playlist editor to crash.

Anyway now I want to put the tags back for use with PhatNoise. So I select my files, select "Library Tools: Update tags from Library", MC tells me it's done it, but when I look at the WMA files using Explorer they're unchanged - the Properties (Artist, Album Title, etc) are the same, even the date/time is the same.

While playing around with this I found that if I made a copy of a file using Explorer, MC would update the properties of the copied file just fine. To be specific, in Explorer I highlighted the first file (01 - Tired Of Being Alone.wma), pressed Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to copy it (Copy of 01 - Tired Of Being Alone.wma, same date/time/size), Imported it into MC, updated the tags, and it worked fine.  Removed the tags, updated the tags again, no problem, but this is *identical* to the file that MC won't update the tags of!

Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Library Tools: Update tags from Library not working for me
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 01:44:33 pm »

Double check the read-only state and NT file permissions for the files in question.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mikebarnes

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Library Tools: Update tags from Library not working for me
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 04:44:27 pm »

Yes, that was it. I'm not very comfortable with permissions, but it was a mapped network drive so I simply removed and reinstated remote update privileges on the share and that seems to have solved the problem.

I guess I expected some sort of error message, from Windows or MC, indicating a file system problem, but I appreciate that doesn't always happen.

Thanks for your help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up