INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping with MC is heaven!  (Read 746 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Ripping with MC is heaven!
« on: September 17, 2004, 02:50:22 pm »

I know this is old news to some, but as a die-hard EAC+LAME user, I scorned MC for ripping.  For some reason EAC started crashing so I had to use MC to rip my latest CDs.  What a breeze! Tagging, file naming & directory creation is so easy!  Plus I'm able to use the same LAME settings I did with EAC.  I'm definitely a convert, just wanted to say thanks.  

The only improvement I can think of is an alternative lookup function for when the CD isn't in YADDB (for instance, Tag&Rename (still a better tagging program than MC, in my opinion) lets you look up in allmusic.com)

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Ripping with MC is heaven!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 04:24:53 pm »

It sure is easy to rip with MC :D

I used to use EAC and Lame to but I nolonger bother with it. MC gets the data (most of the time -- when it dosen't it's not on allmusic anyway;) create folders; add to lib; calc replay gain etc. And all automatic when you put in the CD. Very nice indeed.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 04:45:37 pm »

I like it here in hell. EAC has such rotten features as better external encoder handling, range ripping, and easily editable tag lookups. Phew! It's sure hot down here...

10-27

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 05:29:08 pm »

I admit I still use EAC for the tricky stuff - like ripping each act of an opera to a single file, but MC is fine for the day to day rips.  EAC still has a place of honor in my audio apps directory.

BTW, AFAIK MC will pass any LAME command lines to its LAME plugin, if you have the most recent versions.  Use custom settings, and then type in whatever the LAME command line you want to use (eg, --alt-preset extreme), you no longer have to use MC's canned settings.

And personally, I think that MC's tag editing (in the rip dialog, not the dreadful tag info of the library) is much easier than EAC's, especially with multiple artist albums, but, as they say, de gustibus non disputandum est.

Anyway, EAC isn't hell, it's just not . . . heaven.
Pages: [1]   Go Up