INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 - TheaterView - Find/Search?  (Read 707 times)

jdbrown

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC 11 - TheaterView - Find/Search?
« on: September 17, 2004, 08:39:29 am »

New to MC, and just started with MC11.  In TheaterView is there a feature to Find or Search for a song or artist?  I did not see it in the menus.  Just wondering if it was there and I am missing something or it is not a feature of TheaterView.

Either way, TheaterView in MC11 is great!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC 11 - TheaterView - Find/Search?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 03:59:42 pm »

There is a "Search" in the drop-down menu when you select an item (the menu that has "Open", "Play", etc.  If you figure out how it works please let me know.  There doesn't seem any way to search for artists that begin with "s" for example.  It seems to find every song that has an "s" anywhere in the name.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 10:14:54 pm »

Here's how you do it. Let's say I'm looking for Godsmack - I Stand Alone, off the Scorpion King album (Obviously, if I know what album it's on, or what artist or whatever, it's faster to just go directly to it. But let's say I've searched all of my Godsmack albums and it's not there. I've forgotten that it was on the Scorpion King soundtrack, so I'm searching.).

The first thing I do is go to Audio. My default Audio view scheme is Album Artist (auto)/Album. So I have a list of Album Artists. I know it's Godsmack, but I also know that there I have no Godsmack album with this particular song on it, so rather than just choose Godsmack out of this list, I choose All. When the menu opens up, I choose Search.

At this point I now have a list of letters, a-z mostly likely, although there might be a few missing here and there. These represent the first letters of all the songs that are here. I'm looking for "I Stand Alone" so I choose "i" from the list and choose Open.

Now I have "i" followed by a bunch of other letters. "i_", "ia", "ib", "ic", etc. I'm looking for "I Stand Alone", so I choose the "i_" option (the _ signifies a space).

Now I have options like "i a" "i b" "i b" etc. So now I choose the "i s" option. Then "i st", followed by "i sta" etc. etc. until I get to "I Stand Alone". At any time, I can choose to "Show Files" rather than "Open" in order to end the search and just see the list of results.

The one thing I'm not clear on is which fields it actually searches on. In the example above, I could either search for Godsmack or just I Stand Alone and find the file I was looking for. It doesn't seem to handle Genres though, so I'm unclear as to just which fields are included in the search.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 06:53:13 am »

i think Genres are searched.

I think fields like Lyrics an notes may not be searched unless you use a modifyer like Lyrics="A Search Parm"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up