INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: where do options get stored?  (Read 589 times)

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
Question: where do options get stored?
« on: September 19, 2004, 12:11:19 am »

This question relates to MC 10.0.161.

I have all of my songs stored on an external hard drive, and I recently put my library there too - I accomplished this by backing up the library, creating a new library (in "E:\MC Library\", where E: is my external drive), switching to that new library, and then restoring the backed up library.

I installed MC on a second computer, connected the external drive to that computer, and created a new library there (also at "E:\MC Library\").  Everything seems to work fine - the database, the playlists, etc. are all as I expect them.

However, the options (such as ripping and encoding options, paths, etc.) are all set to their defaults.  What file or files do I need to copy from the MC installation on the old computer into the MC installation on the new computer to get all my old settings back?

Thanks,

Solomon

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Question: where do options get stored?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 01:03:11 am »

I answered my own question: the options are stored in the registry.  I saved the "JRiver" subtree of the registry on my old computer to a file, and merged that file into the registry on my new computer, and presto, all my settings transfered over.  (Not the license though...)

Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up