INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving folders from within MC  (Read 790 times)

lpr

• World Citizen
Moving folders from within MC
« on: September 20, 2004, 07:38:12 pm »

Hello,

I'm trying to move a folder from the tree view by dragging it with the mouse. I chose to "move" not to "copy" the folder of an album from one directory to another and it copies the whole content in the root but does not keep the directory

i.e. x:\wav\Moby - Play to x:\ape\

The folder "Moby - Play" would not be moved, only its content.

Is this normal, how can I move a folder and its content from within MC?

Thanks.
lpr

parkdog

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Moving folders from within MC
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 01:56:10 am »

I just had a similiar problem, though much larger in scope. I bought a new HD and used the move option to move all my files to the new HD. I thought MC would move the Folder structure along with it. It didn't, and now I have 3500 tracks in one big folder. Ouch!

Is there any way to fix this, short of recreating ALL 200 plus folders & subfolders?

It might be a good idea if MC gave you the option of moving the folder directories (or a warning) when you move files. I should have done some tests first, I know, it's my fault...

JiiPee

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 12:34:19 pm »

Maybe library tool Rename files from properties will help? It also creates directories depending how you configure it.

parkdog

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 02:06:31 pm »

HURRAY! Somehow I just knew the guys at JRiver had thought of this! Thanks  JP for steering me in the right direction!

I was really sweating that one, as I thought I had totaly screwed up all my hard work, and undelete programs won't put things back in their original folders...

God I love this program!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up