INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Next Track button on KB  (Read 819 times)

Rooster6975

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Problem with Next Track button on KB
« on: September 20, 2004, 04:11:47 pm »

Hello,

I am running Media Center 10.0.155 on XP SP1.  This used to work fine, I don't know why it no longer does.  I have a Logitech Cordless Keyboard from the Logitech Optical cordless Duo desktop set.  It has all the media control buttons at the top.  When I spin the wheel to change the volume, that works just fine.  As do Play/Pause, and Stop.  However, when I hit Next Track or Previous Track, it behaves as if the button is stuck down (it isn't).  It starts jumping from one track to the next, playing a few seconds from each one.  I can't get it to stop without killing Media Center through the Task Manager.  CPU utilization goes to about 90% making the system unresponsive (Athlon 1.4, 512 MB RAM).  I have my fade-in/fade-out set to 4 seconds.  It behaves like I had just pushed the button 500 times, and MC is happily fading from one song to the next without end.

To test my KB to make sure it wasn't low batteries or a stuck key, I launched MusicMatch Jukebox 7.5.  All keys work just fine with that program, the Next Track button simply goes into the next track (without the nice fade since MMJB doesn't have that feature!!!).  The Logitech iTouch software is showing full battery power for my cordless keyboard.  I am sure this used to work properly, but can't figure out how to get it back.

One other thing I have noticed, when I hit the Next Track button and it starts to go bonkers, if I hit any other media button on the keyboard (Stop for instance), it will become overlayed in green writing on the screen (OSD display).  The word Stop will appear right on top of Next Track, and the both of them will stay there.  Eventually, if I wait long enough, it will stop jumping tracks.

Suggestions ?

I am running the latest version of iTouch (2.22.289), MC 10.0.155, and XP SP1

Thanks,
Rooster.

Rooster6975

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Problem with Next Track button on KB
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 01:07:22 pm »

I deinstalled iTouch software and it fixed the problem.  This is the third discussion I have replied to, so I will stop now, but suffice it to say that I am happy with the way it works now.  All media buttons work on my logitech now without the iTouch software.

R.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Problem with Next Track button on KB
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 01:10:00 pm »

Thanks.

iTouch stands in the middle and tries to do a little too much.   Since MC understands the multimedia keys, it's better for the for the multimedia keys to work like a regular keystroke instead of having software do translation and routing.

Anyway, glad it's working.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up