INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripped DVD [IFO/VOB] playback & MC10 vs MC11  (Read 1579 times)

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
Ripped DVD [IFO/VOB] playback & MC10 vs MC11
« on: December 14, 2004, 01:01:07 am »

Just checking to see if I have this straight:  I have about 80ish DVDs ripped to my system in IFO/VOB format.  I own MC MC10, TheaterTek, SageTV. I've been using myHTPC as a menu&control program, but it's been acting very unstable as soon as I crossed the 70 DVD mark.

I just clued in that MC can act as a menu&control program for DVDs, but I've read that it doesn't work in MC10.

Will moving to the MC11 Alpha work for playing ripped DVDs? Also, can I use TT to actually do the playback?

Thanks for your help.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
Re: Ripped DVD [IFO/VOB] playback & MC10 vs MC11
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 05:53:34 pm »

How did it go, ivp?   Did you give 11 a try?
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 09:26:08 pm »

Will do this weekend; was hoping for some guidance before going through the effort as I'm only allowed a finite amount of playtime on the HTPCs. Wife gets bugged if I do too much, and if this was going to be a waste of time, I wasn't going to even try.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 02:22:27 pm »

Hey IVB,

Anything to report?

Thanks.
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 12:32:19 am »

Sorry, just noticed this post. I don't get back here that often.

I never bothered with MC11 as I found a post that said DVD playback wasn't yet supported. I also just asked about it, and I just checked again and there's nothing about IFO support in MC11.

I'm dying for a good answer to this; i think that many of us are on the edge of having a staggeringly awesome experience, with SageTV for TV, MC for music, TheaterTek for DVDs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up