INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot run winamp plugins in MC11, can anybody ??  (Read 797 times)

Bluey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Cannot run winamp plugins in MC11, can anybody ??
« on: October 04, 2004, 04:38:26 pm »

I really love the Izotope Ozone plugin, its especially good for older recordings.

Though I find while its workign in MC10 its not in MC 11:(

Anybody else manage to run any Winamp 2 dsp plugins or is support
being stopped here ?

Thanks,
Bluey.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Cannot run winamp plugins in MC11, can anybody ??
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 11:40:50 pm »

I remember when Media Jukebox had really good support for winamp plugins (around version 8) . I could go to the winamp site and download input, visualisation and dsp plugins to my heart's content and most of them would work with MJ.

Ever since MC came around, fewer and fewer winamp plugins seem to work and those that once did are now no longer supported.

Has J River abandoned support for winamp plugins? I really hope not... this was definitely a deciding factor in my original purchase and greatly expands the functionality of your software. While I think the community here on the forums has indeed made some excellent plugins, the sheer volume and scope of the winamp plugins available wins hands down over MC. I mean, MC can already emulate WMP playback and use the real engine... would it be completely out of the question to somehow make use of the winamp plugin library (maybe by 'plugging in' to the winamp plugin directory?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up