INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get MC to update to reflect aac files?  (Read 677 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
How to get MC to update to reflect aac files?
« on: October 08, 2004, 03:17:30 am »

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to figure out how my library got screwed up (my fault), and how to fix it (not easy, but I think I've got it all fixed now).  yeah ;D

The reason all this happened is that I'm trying to copy/convert some mp3 files to m4a files to a different directory.  I copied my library to a new one, and used the find/replace to change the path and extension.  I did this for 670 files.  617 are totally fine (worked great the second time around), but 53 files are still not working in MC.  i have verified with iTunes that they are really m4a files, the filename (including path and extension) are correct in MC, but MC still shows them as mp3 files.  This is how they all were after the find/replace originally, then I used the 'Update Library From Tags' option and MC showed them all correctly, and they played (617 of 670 that is).  i have tried this same thing with the 53, and MC shows it's updating 53 files, then it tells me it updated 53 files (with 53 errors).  I have restarted MC, rebooted the machine, and imported from that directory also, still no luck.

Any ideas?
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up