INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple iPod problems with 11.0.97...  (Read 1261 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Couple iPod problems with 11.0.97...
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:00:50 am »

With MC running, I plugged in the iPod (usb 2.0) and it told me a program was busy, and offered to let me switch or retry.  retry does nothing, and switch opens the start menu and makes the message go away.

When I went to sync a couple of playlists, I wanted MC to convert some ape files to mp3, when I clicked on options it gave me a choice to report the closing file (MC) or not, and bombed out of MC.

As I was typing this (with the sync going on in the background) MC informed me that I did not have lame installed, and did I want to install it.  i said yes, and it went fine.  I wonder if that's why MC crashed when I selected options for the mp3 conversion.

My transfer speed is currently .13MB/s.  Please tell me you can make that better.  10gb will take 28 hours at that speed :-[
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
Re:Couple iPod problems with 11.0.97...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 09:03:55 am »

I stopped the transfer, and initialized the iPod, and restarted the transfer.  It's now going at 2.00 MB/s.  Better, but not great.

*edit* then it dropped to less than 1 again.  I restarted the process 1/2 dozen times, it was over 4 once, but was under 2 again withing 2 minutes.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
Re:Couple iPod problems with 11.0.97...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 10:05:48 am »

***Bonehead Award***

My files are on my network.  Once I tried to use local files, speeds were in the 5.50 range.

Sorry for the headache Steve, and thanks for the help!!

Okay, back to sleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up