INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Nomad IIC w/ MC10  (Read 2011 times)

MikeyMonkey

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Help with Nomad IIC w/ MC10
« on: October 11, 2004, 09:38:18 pm »

I looked through the forums and couldn't find anything on this.  I own a Creative Nomad IIC and I have the latest driver I can find for it for XP and the latest MC10 version.  I put in the plug-in for my player and whenever I try to see whats on the player it usually just freezes MC.  The only times it has let me see the player it says I have a plug-in for MC9 and to get the updated version.  When I tried to transfer music to it the transfer window came up and disapeared like it transfered super quick, but nothing went to the player...If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.  I really don't want to buy a new player and there is no way I'm using creatives bloated software.  Thanks for any help and have a wonderliscious day/night/time...

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Help with Nomad IIC w/ MC10
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 11:52:21 pm »

MikeyMonkey, just to be clear - you are saying that you have the latest version of MC10 and that you also have the latest Creative driver for you NomadIIC, is that correct?  Do you also have the latest plug in from MC for your NomadIIC?  If not, then you can find it on the Media Center Home page, under handheld plugins.  

MikeyMonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 03:25:39 am »

Yep, I have the latest everything, but the latest MC plugin pops up saying its a plugin for MC9, and that is only when it doesn't freeze on me when I try to access my nomad through the view tree...

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 09:46:42 am »

MikeyMonkey,

Please uninstall the plugin you have installed (go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld) then make sure you are installing the plugin from the MC 10 Handheld plugin page......

http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

It should be version 9.0.13. There is a different uncompatible plugin for MC 9.

Steve

MikeyMonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 04:12:53 pm »

I went ahead did what you said, uninstalled the old one and reinstalled this one, but everytime I try to access my nomad MC freezes, and I know it's not the nomad because I found a program that does let me access it.  I just would much rather use media center.  Thanks for the help, I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help me get this working.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 05:16:05 pm »

MikeyMonkey,

Any messages before the freeze (i.e. 'Initialization failed' , etc)?

Steve

MikeyMonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 05:30:26 pm »

No, there aren't any messages, just MC frozen and totally un-responive

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 09:57:23 am »

MikeyMonkey,

This sounds like a driver incompatibility. Have you tried waiting for a long time to see if it eventually unfreezes? I ask because I have seen with certain Nomad drivers it takes a ridiculous amount of time to return from the initial handshake with the device which may be what you are experiencing.

What application are you successfully connecting with? Where did you get the drivers you are running? I will set up a test here with the drivers you identify and try to duplicate the problem.

Steve

MikeyMonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 06:26:53 pm »

I have waited for over 10 minutes, I'll try and wait longer...The driver is from nomadworld.com it is the latest nomad II driver released June 30th 2003.  The program I have that works fine is NotMad Explorer by RedChair Software at http://www.redchairsoftware.com/  Thanks again for all the help Steve.

~Mikey

MikeyMonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 08:12:33 pm »

Actually Steve, I found the thread to try turning on WMDM support and it seems to have worked...Thanks for your time and help though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up