INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD-TEXT formatting idea  (Read 1653 times)

Fixer

CD-TEXT formatting idea
« on: October 25, 2004, 03:22:31 pm »

I just bought a new car and the cd player displays CD-TEXT!  It shows either the Album name or the Track title, not both.  I want both.....

I could have both if the track title for the CD-TEXT had both the album name and the track title instead of just the track title.  It would be a trick, but it would work.  I get 30-40 chars, so the increased length would not be a huge issue.  However, not everyone would want it.

How about something like the file rename choice in Library Tools?  Something that has defaults, but lets me pick the fields to add to the CD-TEXT track field?

I'd guess others may want the track # and the  track title for the portable players.

Just one more idea....thanks for listening.

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:CD-TEXT formatting idea
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 05:07:04 pm »

Maybe an append action in "Move / copy fields"?

Ian G.

Fixer

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 07:32:23 pm »

Maybe an append action in "Move / copy fields"?

Ian G.

I don't want the tags changed, but a way to modify the tag info on the fly when used to write the CD-TEXT.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 09:48:27 am »

Sounds like a good idea. Though CD-Text support is still quite rare among the player manufacturers. The current trend seems to be towards MP3 CD players with ID3 tag support.

I am not sure if you already know this, but if you are willing to go through a few extra steps you can get what you want by using MC tools.

It is possible to copy the files from a playlist to a temporally location and change the filenames so that they include the needed tag combination. After that MC can fill e.g. the "Name" tag from the filenames. The temporally files can be deleted after burning and the original files stay intact.

After a little practicing these steps should take only a few seconds if that matters.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up