INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 1806 times)

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
Newbie questions
« on: October 07, 2004, 05:39:17 pm »

Hi

I recently bought MC 10 (I'm using 1.0.0.173) and am trying to get it work smoothly for me.  I'm fairly pleased with it but I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to copy songs to particular directories on a 'handheld' drive?  I.e. I use ptunes on my Zire 72 and it needs the music in the \Audio directory on the SD card.

2) After I imported my library I had a number of duplicate songs; the extras have \.\ in path.  I.e. C:\store\music\Lenny Kravitz\.\Black Girl.mp3 vs C:\store\music\Lenny Kravitz\Black Girl.mp3.  Why did it do this and is there an easy way to remove the duplicates?

3) Why does MC keep playing music when the mute button is clicked?

4) How to disable checking of certain removable drives for handheld player, etc.  I have a number of removable drives and would like MC to only use/check specific ones.

5) How do i give a shoutcast stream URL in a Playlist a name?  It changes to the current song which makes it difficult to remember which stream it is unless I check the details.

Thanks!
John

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 09:33:59 am »

1/ Yes - you can go to drives and devices and then use drag and drop (which will copy entire folder structures) or you can right click a file and copy it to a specific folder

2/ I dont know why it happened, but you can either select them and delete them (from the library) or make sure your tags have been updated from the library (a right click option), delete everything and reimport it.

3/ I don't know, the mute, pause and stop 'buttons' all do what I'd expect. i.e mute kills the sound, but the file keeps playing.

4/ Inclusion / Exclusion lists have been added to V11 (currently in alpha test) but you can't do this in V10

5/ I'm not sure I understand the problem, but I put internet radio urls in their own playlists, named for the station - playing now shows the track being played.

Ian G.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 12:13:42 pm »

Thanks very much for your responses.   I was hoping for more magical solutions (i.e. exactly what I wanted, heh) but these are certainly workable.

John

IanG

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 12:44:18 pm »

John, I'm not sure if 1/ was a complete answer - I'm fairly sure I recently saw something about using a specific directory for the music on hand helds. It might be worth posting your question in the Portable Digital Players forum - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=8

Ian G.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 10:23:58 am »

John,

In regards to item 1, right click on your device and select "Set Root Directory" If you enter a folder here, all files will end up in this directory.

Thanks Ian G.

Steve

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 11:49:24 am »

In regards to item 1, right click on your device and select "Set Root Directory" If you enter a folder here, all files will end up in this directory.

This is exactly what I wanted; brilliant!

John

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 11:51:59 am »

In regards to my item 5) ... I discovered that I can set the Artist name in the tag info to the name of the station and it stays put even if the track name changes with each song.  Cool enough.

Pages: [1]   Go Up