INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB lookups not consistent  (Read 1228 times)

Rooster6975

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
YADB lookups not consistent
« on: October 13, 2004, 06:31:28 am »

Hi,

After reading some posts in this forum, I realize YADB is more for CD-lookups than for MP3.  I have many MP3s that I want to tag.  When I started off ripping my CDs years ago, I was only concerned with track name and artist.  Now I am updating my tags to include most of the fields available in the tag.  When I select any particular album of MP3s, (for instance I just did it with The Eagles - Greatest Hits), YADB will find the tracks but the information it returns is far from consistent.  All tracks on my HD are named the same way, band-track num-track name (ie. Eagles - 01 - Take it Easy.mp3) and all tracks have basic information already in the tag (track name, band name).

When I look at the results from YADB, there are 6 different genres listed for my 10 tracks from the same album (one of them is even listed as Hard Rock, from an uploader who doesn't know much about the Eagles I guess....).  Also, the track numbers are completely wrong.  For instance, "Peaceful Easy Feeling" is listed as track 32 but there are only 10 tracks on the album.  Furthermore, YADB has seen fit to change some of the album names from what I had listed in the tag.  There are now 4 different albums listed for my 10 tracks.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there an easier way to do this without manually entering in the info?  I used to use MMJB which I dropped because MC is a far more complete product (pics, vids, music, you name it) however I do recall that the tagging in MMJB was very effective.  As a test, I launched MMJB 7.5 and tried to tag the exact same album.  I chose the Super Tagging option, and it found all 10 tracks and correctly assigned them all to the correct album.  All track numbers were correct, as was the year, album, track name, album art, etc....

Is there a better way to do this with MC?

Thanks for the info,
R.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:YADB lookups not consistent
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 07:24:46 am »

Have you tried ATagger?

It's on the Third Party Plugin Board.
-

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 09:29:37 am »

I can hardly ever get data from this site.  I usually have to copy my CD in Windows Media and then copy
over to MC.  MC needs to add more data bases in their search.

Rooster6975

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 01:32:06 pm »

aTagger works perfectly!  Man, it adds loads of info to the tag!  All the Genre tags are correct, the track numbers are perfect for every album I have tried thus far.  Excellent, thanks for the info.

R. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up