INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Different Audio Outputs!  (Read 1723 times)

HeyKoolAid

• Change this by choosing profile
Need Different Audio Outputs!
« on: October 16, 2004, 12:00:11 am »

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this program and forum, and would appreciate a little help. I've always been a music guy and not a stereo or computer guy, so ignore me if I sound silly.

I need to be able to switch, without moving the computer, between outputting sound from MC to headphones, stereo amp, and computer speakers. Is there some sort of 3 way A-B-C switch I can plug in all these things into?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:Need Different Audio Outputs!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 03:51:30 am »

You didn't mention what soundcard you have. If your soundcard has separate headphone and line outputs there are already connectors for two of the items. Some soundcards have even more outputs.

I would look for a simple A-B-C switchbox at a local electronics store or electronics mail order. You could also use an old second hand integrated stereo amplifier or receiver besides the computer. Old amps have usually many in/out connectors. Those can be bought cheaply or you may already have one in a storage (relatives, parents, friends, you name it).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up