As they were?
- 2 (6.1%)
As an easily available option?
- 25 (75.8%)
Not at all?
- 6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL: Library Details view thumbnails  (Read 1766 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
POLL: Library Details view thumbnails
« on: October 16, 2004, 11:12:25 am »

~

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re:Library Details view thumbnails(from bug thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 11:36:29 am »

I don't feel it was a significant feature that really improved the functionality of the product.

I would prefer that some more effort would be made to produce better and media type dependent tile views, maybe user configurable or even one configuration tool that would allow to configure detailed view, tile view, album view and track info in one go.

I would like to have a bigger image and 2-3 lines of infos on the side, in a way similar to library browser.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
Re:POLL: Library Details view thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 04:42:04 pm »

I didn't care for this feature too much.  The images were too small to be of any use, and making them bigger would be a waste of space.

If anything, it might be nice to have different little icons for different media types (ape, mp3, etc.), but again, I'm not too concerned about it.  I'd rather they spend time on improving other things.

benrad

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 10:04:47 pm »

I liked them because it was easier to tell what files had cover art at a glance. I realize there's a smartlist for this, but I liked it better this way.
Also, I just liked them there. But it should be an option.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 10:55:06 pm »

I really didnt like it either. Just added something else that MC had to load up. And it also made things indistinguisable when viewing entire libraries.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 11:39:20 pm »

It was a kinda 'cool' feature, but it was too hard to see what links were broken.  It would be better if the little red x could overlay on top of the thumb, but I'm sure that'd take too much time to make work.  I'd use it most of the time if it were an option, but manditory would not please me.

I liked it, but only as an option.
pretend this is something funny

Omni

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 11:59:38 pm »

Matt or Jim must have edited that release thread in which they listed this as being removed (because I did a forum search and got no results), but I am 100% certain that the original change note had the word "failed" in it.  Being this is an alpha, I took that to mean that  they decided it was too difficult to maintain this feature for some reason, a reason we have no need to know.  (It's their software, and they owe us no explanations.)

Given this, and no offense, but why is everyone whining so much about it being gone?  :-\ :P  It was an test feature in an alpha build.  It didn't pan out.  Get over it; life's too short.  ;D

Omni

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 12:02:11 am »

And so marko won't think I'm picking on him in particular, off-topic, but dude, I noticed your bug report in the release thread.   :o  You're amazing!  JRiver should pay you!

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 07:42:57 am »

I have over 16,000 mp3's, so I found the little thumbnails very helpful to manage and identify missing cover art.  Although they were small, after the past week or so I have become use to seeing them and I can accept their size.  

I can appreciate that some people don't like the library thumbnails and don't want them.  Frankly, I rather have them than the little music note currently displayed.  I would hope that this could be made as an option for those who like it.

loid

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 03:07:50 pm »

I like this feature, better than displaying a note.
The beauty of this software is that everything is configurable, so I vote to make it an option.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 04:13:12 pm »

My opinion is here: Icons in the list view (MC11)

Omni,
The "failed" is here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=display;board=3;threadid=24074;start=0#msg168021

Everybody,
There is the "Task -- No images" auto smartlist. It finds the imageless tracks.
It uses this search expression: [media type]=[audio] imagefile=[]

The "Image File" column shows text information. That field could have options for showing the thumbnail images with or without the text. It could also show the red x image if the filename path is incorrect.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up