INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update tags (from library)  (Read 611 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Update tags (from library)
« on: October 21, 2004, 06:09:07 pm »

I like to edit pictures using Microsoft Office Picture Manager...

However, Picture Manager deletes tag information of modificated files... So I will lose the MC information if I reimport those files... Furthermore, thumnails are not updated...

Other issues can cause de-syncronization between tags and library: For instance, If I modify a tag, but MC cannot access the file on that moment (for any reason), library is changed but the file is not... Desyncronization occurs...

OK.  Here are the questions:

1.- How can I update thumbnails of modified images?

2.- How can I update tags (from library) of all files? I know there is an option for that, but... How does it work? Does MC update every tag, modified or not? Does MC checks if every single file has been modified, and acts on consecuencie?

3.- Can I see the list of discrepances between tags and library? Or, at least, the list of de-syncronizated files?

And some suggestions:

1. Add the option to "Update thumnails" on selected images...

2.- Add a "checksum" field to easyly detect modified files (by MC or by other application)... This "checksum" should be calculated based on the content of every valued tag...

3.- Add a field that indicates if tags are saved or are not (I can browse the library without the actual files being accesibles... but it is not sure to tag files since the changes may never be saved...)

And of course:

4.- Create a different icon to the "thumbnail" list view icon. Right now, thumnails view and detailed view share the same old icon...

;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up