INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: itunes :"cannot update ipod as it is full"- but its not!  (Read 1481 times)

markonline4072

• Change this by choosing profile
itunes :"cannot update ipod as it is full"- but its not!
« on: October 18, 2004, 03:31:07 pm »

connected ipod, and itunes recognised my ipod as USER instead of 'Mark's ipod'. it wouldnt sync, so i restored my ipod to factory settings, deleting everything.

On reconnecting it, and attemting to sync, it says it cant transfer anythin because the ipod is full, when its definately not. you cant see any files on it either through ipod or itunes.

To try and just reset everything- ive uninstalled ipod updater, itunes, restored ipod, numerous times and in varying combinations!

(but when reinstall itunes after supposedly deleting everythin, it still has my media library and playlists!?)

help would be much appreciated!

i dont mind if i have to completely wipe and reset everything, just to get it to work- ive only had my ipod a week- but its a brilliant little thing, and i want it back!

Cheers

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:itunes :"cannot update ipod as it is full"- but its not!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 04:59:37 pm »

Markonline,

Are you running Media Center? If so, what version?

Steve

markonline4072

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:itunes :"cannot update ipod as it is full"- but its not!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 05:17:38 pm »

hi steve,
nope- its a new computer just with Windows Media Player on it (which incidentally is not playing any sound since i installed itunes!)

i've connected my ipod to my flatmates laptop with itunes installed, and it appeared to recognise it fine, and sync the only three tracks he had on it. but still problems with my computer, suggeting its software or driver? (even when i rename my ipod, every time i unplug and reconnect, its reverted back to calling it 'USER'.

i havent got too much on my computer yet so am considering a complete restore- but this might not be necessary if i could completely remove all ipod apps and reinstall? (it does not appear to completely uninstall, as when i reinstall- it still has retained the media library links and playlists among other items.

Also ipod updater shows a capacity of ".0Gb"! cant fit a lot of music on that!

cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up