INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Managing Documents (and other problems)  (Read 618 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Managing Documents (and other problems)
« on: October 21, 2004, 03:40:39 am »

I imported all my PDF file (documentation about products and projects)... I created some custom fileds... I created a scheme view... I tagged the files... Everything fine... (I really get excited about the managing documents potential)

Afer that, I did "Rename file from properties" to reorganize documents in a particular folder strucutre...

Unfortunately, many documents did not move (because they were open, or by any other reason) but MC updated the "Name" tag... So I cant not open any more my documents using MC, and I lost all my MC tags...

Why did update tag if file did not move?
Why fix broken links do not work?
How can I relink the documents?

Any indication appreciated...

BTW: Same thing occurs with music or image data, sometimes files do not get move, but "name" tag is uppdated... The difference is that PDF do not save tags inside the file...

Should I consider it a bug?

Polonio

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Managing Documents (and other problems)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 09:11:42 am »

OK... I manually fix up the mess... I have edit the "filename" of each broken link to match the documents...

Here some sugestions (to avoid future problems):

1-. Do not change "filename" tag from unmoved files...
2.-  Fix broken links based on size, file type, and creation date (when tags are not saved on file, i.e. PDF)
3.- Alow manually fix broken links (manually selecting the file in a Open-like dialog...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up