INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DELETE a single removable from MC?  (Read 775 times)

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
DELETE a single removable from MC?
« on: October 23, 2004, 01:39:09 am »

Hi everybody, I have a small question:
I created a special folder with rule DB=CD, so that only my MP3-CDs show up in this view.
Now I reburnt a single CD of this all, the problem: Since there was already a disc with that name, it gets the same name followed by "(1)". Any way to remove the old CD so properly that MC shows the new one without this suffix. Already tried to edit the removable.jmd manually, but then all Volume-names are gone, file seems corrupted.

Do I really have to create the whole database again when changing only one CD??

Any solutions in mind?
Thanks
Raist

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:DELETE a single removable from MC?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 02:12:07 am »

good question!!

I have one exactly the same. The cd's volume label is mp3-1 and it was one of my early trials with mc and dvd burning. the first 'mp3-1' disc didn't work out at all well, so I removed it from the database and burned another.

this one worked OK, but it was entered into the library as 'mp3-1(1)' and no ammount of F2 or otherwise encouragement will bring MC to display the correct volume label.

mp3-1 is not in the library, or at least, it's not coming up in any searches anyway.

The volume label displays correctly in 'My Computer' and any other cd aware app that sees it.

any ideas/suggestions will be gratefully received!

-marko

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
Re:DELETE a single removable from MC?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:52:29 am »

Hi Marko.

The problem is that the tracks are removed from library, but the volume name not, it is still saved in removable.jmd. So you don't see it in the library ,because there are no tracks stored.

The question is: Is it possible to remove this CD from the removable.jmd without loosing the name of all other MP3-CDs?

Raist
P.S. Also tried to just rename the CD, no help at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up